I adore this most gorgeous and elegant layout by Scrapping4him . What a super photo to start with and wonderfully she has clustered the elements. I also love the lace used as a page frame .
Here are Mandys notes on how she created this layout - Im sure I will be scraplifting this so I really appreciate her notes
I came home from a trip this past weekend to visit family back in Ohio with a suitcase packed full of old family photos to scan and scrap. I'm so excited!!! Lauren's Simple Memories kit was perfect for scrapping my grandmother's high school graduation photo. I love that handmade paper with the fibers and color variations - beautiful!!!
1) I blended 3 papers for my background, in order from top down: handmadepaper set to hard light blend mode; then the fadedtext paper set to hue blend mode; finally oldwallpaper left as is
2) I used the gold lace to create a border for my page and duplicated it for a bit more depth
3) I set the font for my grandmother's name to a soft light blend mode at 70% opacity
4) I warmed up the photo a tad using a tinted B&W adj layer
5) I set the wordart to a soft light blend mode at 80% opacity
kit: Simple Memories by Lauren Bavin
bookplate: Poppy Meadow by Meryl Bartho
wordart: Moments Wordart by Tina Chambers
fonts: CK Maternal -- Algerian -- Bell MT