Digital Scrapbook Place Gallery Home Image Map

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Multiple Picks of the Pack


share this: facebook
After being away for 11 days there are LOTS of great layouts waiting in the gallery for me to comment on and some are so superb Im making this a multiple picks of the pack post

The first one is by Wuvie - I love the artiness of this layout - the attention to detail - with the girl stepping out of the frame into the " water"

Wuvies notes on this layout
I just love this kit! So much can be done with it.
Credtis:

Coopers Beach by Lauren Bavin

Wishing Pool Page Kit by Lauren Bavin



I love this page below by swatkins56- It could be an image for a travelogue - the colours of the photos work so well with the Moroccan topic and go so well on the dark backgrounds in the kit - - I love that she fit in so many photos without it looking cluttered.


Swatkins56 Notes on this layout
My son took these photos with his girlfriend in Morocco.

For this I used:

Lauren Bavin's Steampunk Darkroom Page Kit

http://store.digitalscrapbookplace.c...ducts_id=10856

Tina Chambers' Eighteen or 19 Quick Click

http://store.digitalscrapbookplace.c...ducts_id=10859



My third pick for today is this glowing layout by Grandma Crys .
I love how it shows off so well that relationship that only granddads can have with their grandchildren - I love the glow that radiates from the background and really draws you in to the photo


Notes on this layout

Journaling reads: "Tristan & Rutker Catchin' crawdads in our creek with grandpa June 24, 2009"

Papers and elements from Lauren Bavin’s Natures Fascination.

ForestGrunge paper from Erica Belton's Grunged Up Denim BP.

Oilpaint Overlay from Lauren Bavin's Masterpiece Overlay Stack.

Tina Chambers' Grandparents Mix and Match WA.




Next is another layout by GrandmaChrys - In this layout I love how she has combined present and past and really kept the whole work of art at the same time


Notes on this layout

DGS Jackson, running in the mail car of an old train at the Indiana Transportation Museum.
Papers and elements from Lauren Bavin's Seriously Steampunk andher Steampunk Darkroom.
Lauren Bavin's Steampunk Circus Alphabet.



Font: York Script ES; LD Telegram


This layout by Windstorm is fantastic - love how she has fit in so many photos and they are all shown off so wonderfully


Credits:

Steampunk Darkroom by Lauren Bavin

Masked Words Childhood Quick Bits by Tina Chambers

Rainforest Page Kit by Lauren Bavin


This layout by bebimora seems just perfect with the kit - love the photos which fit so well with the colours in the kit and I love how she focused on the doorway with the lens element


her notes on this layout
Translation of Title:
Entrance to the Royal Castle
Steampunk Darkroom Page Kit by Lauren Bavin

Vintage Paper Page Kit by Meryl Bartho

Next pick is this SUPER layout by PennyM - I love the variety of poses and love the sepia tones in the photos which work so well - I love the word art around the edges too

Pennys notes on this layout
These photos of Ethan were taken at a studio, but I changed them to sepia. (bought the copyrights)

Steampunk Darkroom by Lauren Bavin

Misfit Memories AOP by Nicole Young

DSP Andrea by Suzanne C. Walker

P.S. I Love You Mega Kit by DSP Designers


Last but certainly not least is this gorgeous layout by Shana34 - Absolutely stunning and great treatment of the photo to get a really unique look


Here are Shanas notes about this layout
Lauren Bavin's Nature's Fascination Kit fit so well with the old photo I have of my grandmother that I had to do yet another layout with it!
To get the effect, I desaturated the photo, then set the mode to overlay at 75% on top of the beige paper bg. I then made a color layer with the maroon in the flowers over the lips.






No comments:

Post a Comment