Digital Scrapbook Place Gallery Home Image Map

Friday, August 28, 2009

Pick of the Pack - August 28th


share this: facebook



I love this layout by Scrapping4him. - The way Mandy has placed the elements makes the layout flow so nicely - and the word art is just perfect


Here are Mandy's notes on how she achieved this look

Going to the beach on Father's Day is becoming something of a tradition for us. I was jazzed that for a few moments there was no one in the water or walking in this shot's frame so I could capture just the two of them by the waters edge and with the pier in the background. Of course I love Megan's little stance next to Alan



LO Notes:

1) I set my full photo to a soft light blend mode over the tattered_blues paper and used a rough edged brush to blend away the sharp edge

2) I then set the photo to full color inside the frame, which I adjusted the height for more of a panorama feel

3) I desaturated the pebbles a bit

4) I copied a portion of the tattered edge to fill a little empty spot to the right of the rusty sign

5) I desatured the stitched ribbons

6) I inverted the wordart, duplicated it and then set both layers to a soft light blend mode



kit: Pacific Coast Highway by Lauren Bavin

stitched ribbon: Urban Kiwi by Lauren Bavin

beach grass: Still Water by Carole Harden

wordart:Fathers Day-Vacations Wordart by Tina Chambers (freebie)

fonts: Castellar --- Zenith Script ES