Digital Scrapbook Place Gallery Home Image Map

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Pick of the Pack


share this: facebook


Isnt this layout by Scrapping4him ( Mandy) just precious - I love everything about it - - it really shows off the relationship between grandfather and granddaughter too

Here are Mandy's notes on how she created this layout

A moment enjoyed between a Papa and his granddaughter. In the picture Megan really is reaching out to grasp some balloons.



LO Notes:

1) for the sepia toned photo in the corner I first set the cream_check paper to a hue blend mode overtop of the sunny_sky paper (which I flipped horizontally to better suit my photo locale)

2) then I set my photo to a soft light blend mode with a B-W adj layer applied to maintain the sepia tone and then duplicated the photo for more visibility

3) I set the wordart to a soft light blend mode and then used varying opacities and off set each duplicated layer to create an echoing away effect

4) I used several copies of the crayon overlay to create my layer mask; then clipped the carnival_stripe bg paper to it, rotating it a bit; then duplicated the clipped bg paper and set the top layer to a screen blend mode to lighten it up a bit

5) I used layer masks to reverse the order of the balloons

6) I set the extra cloud element to a soft light blend mode, then duplicated it a couple times



kit: Fairly Fun by Lauren Bavin

cloud: Rainbow Fields by Lauren Bavin

rainbow: Snow Globe by Lauren Bavin

crayon overlay: Outside the Lines - Elements by Nicole Young

wordart: Along These Lines - Happy Wordart by Tina Chambers