Digital Scrapbook Place Gallery Home Image Map

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Pick of the Pack


share this: facebook
We are currently in the last round of the bi annual  Digital Elite Contest where  we choose our creative team. Many of the contestants who didnt make the later rounds carry on in a scrapalong challenge.

I cant post any of the layouts from the contest yet ( though I will later) but I had to highlight these layouts by Terryl who is participating in the scrapalong .
They are both truly iwonderful and I know will provide great inspiration for other peoples layouts






I wanted to go ahead and do scrapalong layouts for the 4th round of the DET contest, even though I am no longer a contestant, because the kits donated by Lauren, Erica, and Tina inspired me and when I saw them I immediately had some ideas on how to use them. I had these photos that Nikki took of Kira in the steampunk style last year that I wanted to use. (Yes, with her permission I am again using photos Nikki took of Kira. I’m lucky that Nikki loves photography and that Kira loves to be her model!)

I followed the same rules as the DET contestants. For this first layout the only change I made to the kits was to recolor the word art. Other than that everything is done by resizing and rotating the original kit elements.

Thanks for looking!



The awesome kits that were generously donated for this round of the contest are:

Fantastic Flying Machines by Lauren Bavin

Clustered Up 2 Word Art by Tina Chambers

Darcy AddOn Pack by Erica Belton


and here is her second layout



and Terryls comments on this layout

This is the 2nd layout for my scrapalong of Round 4. I followed the same rules as the DET contestants, and the rule for this second layout was anything goes as long as you only use the kits provided and use the same photographs as you used in the first layout. I used the same photographs as I used in the first layout, just cropped differently.

Thanks for looking!



The awesome kits that were generously donated for this round of the contest are:

Fantastic Flying Machines by Lauren Bavin

Clustered Up 2 Word Art by Tina Chambers

Darcy AddOn Pack by Erica Belton