Digital Scrapbook Place Gallery Home Image Map

Sunday, October 04, 2009

Swan Family Layout


share this: facebook
 I used my new Touch of Gold page kit to create this layout using a photo I took of a family of swans at my local park.



To get the effect I did this

the dark bg is layered over the lighter one and the opacity is reduced and set to linear burn blend mode

I layered some of the swirly dark paper under the wire frame and masked just the circle area inside the frame.

Using the smudge tool I smudged out the mask aroudn the edge of the wire frame to get that sort of feathered out effect.

The photo is masked also inside the wire frame and is set to hard light blend mode.

I clipped some of the dark swirly paper inside the centre of the eyelets .

For the word art I clipped some of the cream paisley paper to the word art - merged the layers then reduced the opacity of the new layer to 85% and set the blend mode to pin light.

Word art is by Tina Chambers and its called Family Love