Digital Scrapbook Place Gallery Home Image Map

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Some layouts to inspire you...


share this: facebook
There are so many great layouts in the DSP gallery today that I couldnt choose just one so Im showing a selection of some really great layouts to inspire you !!
Id love some more interaction on this blog by way of seeing your scraplifts of some of these layouts - I personally find them so inspiring that often I have to open Photoshop right up and get scrapping.

First layout today uses my new quick click Fresh'n'Free and is by Sharon Lynn


Shes chosen perfect fun photos for this style of layout dont you think.

You can see the original layout here

Here is my layout using this quick click


I used my Freshly Picked and Cherry Chocolate  Value collections to create this layout



Next layout is made using this weeks featured collection Pretty in Peach which you can actually get on sale at 25% off today ( March 20 ) if you are quick!!

It is also by Sharon Lyn - and is a beautiful classic heritage style layout


I love the clustering of flowers she created in the bottom left corner to frame the photo.
You can see the original of this layout here

Next we have a most superb layout by PQ - who is the master of extracting her subjects and placing them in the most gorgeous environments and this layout is absolutely no exceptioin - - I want to visit that house that she has placed this little darling in - everything is so beautifully done.


Here are PQs notes on this layout
This photo of LauraLou's precious granddaughter fought me tooth and nail.......by the time it winged its way to me via the internet, for some reason it was VERY pixelated, which severely limited what I could do with it. (whine, whine, whine). So, 162 layers later, here is what I came up with.
Fairytale Wishes by Lauren Bavin
Heavenly Moments by Lauren Bavin
Door to the past by Lauren Bavin

You can view the original of this layout here

Cathiemarie honoured me by scraplifting one of my layouts with her layout of Carmel Mission . I love her rendition - I adore the angle of her photographs - If any of you are in the area of Carmel Mission you really should take the time to visit - I personally didnt want to leave it - it has an aura of peace and tranquility . An almost magnetic magic that makes you want to just stand and reflect . ( and on top of that the photo opportunities are incredible)


Here are CathieMaries notes on her layout
I love this kit of Laurens and I was so inspired by her LO Carmel Mission I decided to scraplift it using Rich and Delicious created by Lauren Bavin. I hope I've done her justice.

My  layout that Cathie scraplifted is below


This layout was made using my 
Refined Sentiments Page kit 
I layered 3 bgs and put a gradient mask on the dark pink background and put it in multiply blend mode
I layered the church photo onto that and that is also in multiply blend mode.
I merged the statue photo onto the photo mat using hard light blend mode and then added the frame.

Honeymoon made this layout below using Rich and Delicious. A kit which has been used on some glorious layouts this week and this is no exception


I love how she has the metal foliage curled around the photo .

Here are Honeymoons notes on this layout
Why is it that one of the few photos in the boxes that I inherited that has writing on the back only says the date that the photo was taken, the name of the dog and thet "me" is in it.
I have to go name my photos to stop this being a problem in the future.
Love all the little flowers and the torn vellum in Lauren's Rich and Delicious Value Collection.
~~~~~~~
Kit:
Rich and Delicious Value Collection by Lauren Bavin

You can view the original of this layout here

Well I hope these layouts inspire you and give you some ideas for your own layouts - Id love to see what you create using these layouts as inspiration