Digital Scrapbook Place Gallery Home Image Map

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Picks of the Pack..... July 11th


share this: facebook
I have 2 quite different layouts made with the same kit today to show you.

The first is this elegant and gorgeous heritage layout by webfrau


I love the sepia tones of the photo blended over the patterned background and how she draws the eye in with the groupings of ribbons and the splash of red flowers

Here are Julias notes on this layout
Scraplift of the scrappy winning "Best use of a single kit" layout by JillW

credits:
Le Papillion Rouge Value Collection by Lauren Bavin
Brushed on Watercolour – Quickbit clipping masks by Lauren Bavin
DSP Mistletoe Capers font from Christmas Assortment Mega Kit by DSP Designers

You can view this layout here

The second layout also using Le Papillion Rouge VC is by BetsyFru - with this one I love the monochromatic look of the papers contrasting with the photo - just nicely framed by the ribbon and butterfly in the corner


Here are Betsy's notes on this layout which you can view here

I have always wanted to see this lighthouse and finally got to it on my vacation.
Le Papillion Rouge Value Collection created by Lauren Bavin
I made the frame wider, made the glitter spill all gold and used a Luminosity blend mode on the Faded Floral BG.

Journaling reads:
Cape Lookout Lighthouse
Southern Outer Banks, N.C.

Thanks for looking!


I think I might have to scraplift both of these layouts !!


1 comment: