Digital Scrapbook Place Gallery Home Image Map

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

P:52– A weekly photo challenge


share this: facebook

Ive decided its time to get back to some kind of photography challenge.

Whilst you couldnt pay me enough to attempt another project 365, I think I can manage a weekly challenge, but for me it has to be something that a) will challenge me creatively, b) that will have a tangible result and c) doesn’t add too much additional stress to my life!!

So my decision has been to create a themed hard bound album.

I thought long and hard about what theme to work with- Birds were an obvious choice, but perhaps not quite as easy as some others, such as flowers, or leaves, or even clouds.

Living as I do in Auckland – a city with inumerable beaches I decided that my theme would be the seaside.

Each week I will scrap one ( or more) photos related to Aucklands many beaches.  I may take photos on many days of the week and I will choose the best to put in my Photo Essay style layout .

I started taking photos today and have 2 that I like but Im not decided yet which ( if any) to use – perhaps I will take some more tomorrow and make my decision then

_DSC4402-Edit

This photo of seashells was taken at Little Shoal Bay at low tide. I Love the textures and subtle colours of the many different varieties of shells . I added a bit of detail to the original photo with Topaz Adjust

 

_DSC4415-Edit-Edit

 

This photo which is treated with some split toning and vingnetting reminds me very much of an old fashioned postcard photo . This is Takapuna Beach – at its most archetypal – a playgound for all water sports. Never too crowded – safe swimming, and  great for a long walk to clear the cobwebs.

No comments:

Post a Comment