Digital Scrapbook Place Gallery Home Image Map

Monday, March 07, 2011

Pick of the Pack March 7 1932 Elegance


share this: facebook

 

Todays pick of the pack is by Webfrau. I love how she has chosen an art deco era photo because I really felt that the peacock feathers and the colours  in this kit harked back to that era.

Such an elegant layout and beautifully put together.

Here are Julias notes on this layout which you can view and comment on this layout here

I couldn't find my peacock photos so I ended up going heritage with this one. The peacock feathers evoked images of a more elegant era.
challenges:
Gimme More Pretentious Peacock.
text:
How elegant & self-
assured Gladys appears
as she poses for this
photograph. It’s hard to
believe she is only 15.
It was truly a different
era where people were
required to mature much
more quickly than they
are in the 21st century.
techniques:
For the background I set the folded blue BG on exclusion mode above the peacock rice paper.
I made a brush from the teal peacock feather and used that couple of times beneath the feather elements, stamped in black and set on soft light mode
The swirls are reduced to 35% opacity and set on luminosity mode.
credits:
Pretentious Peacock by Lauren Bavin
Achievement element set by Lisa Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment