Digital Scrapbook Place Gallery Home Image Map

Sunday, January 01, 2012

Last layout of 2011 and first layout of 2012


share this: facebook
Heres my last layout of 2011 – and one of the first using the photos I took on the West Coast in November



For this layout of Fox Glacier I used my Antipodes Adventure kit ( recoloured a bit) and my Bronze Elegance Alphabet - in the store soon. I also used my Cluster of 5 Quick Clickthis layout is a scraplift ofJills layout
Journalling reads
Fed by four alpine glaciers, Fox Glacier falls 2,600 m (8,500 ft) on its 13 km journey from the Southern Alps down to the coast, with it having the distinction of being one of the few glaciers to end among lush rainforest only 300 metres (980 ft) above sea level. Although retreating throughout most of the last 100 years, it has been advancing since 1985. In 2006 the average rate of advance was about a metre a week. In January 2009, the terminal face of the glacier was still advancing and had vertical or overhanging faces which were continually collapsing.
 
And today I completed my first layout of 2012 – also using a photo I took on that same West Coast trip

Photo taken on the shores of Lake Wanaka in a break in a nasty storm - the composition is not great but i loved the cloud formations and the purple lupins in the foreground.
Kit used is A Glimpse of Hope-( the plum recoloured to light purple) and the Lupin is recoloured fromMediterranean Tones

No comments:

Post a Comment