Digital Scrapbook Place Gallery Home Image Map

Saturday, May 06, 2006


share this: facebook

This is my Great Grandmother Ellen Middlebrook. I created the layout using my new kit called Winter Rose. I was drawn to scrap her photo by some family research that has been done lately. Fiona who is a member at DSP and attends the downunder chat kindly did some research into Ellen's family tree . I had found the grave of this Ellen's grandmother ( also called Ellen) at Purewa Cemetary ( I have to get over there to take a photo of it - i have a photo taken in the early 20's which we always assumed was from Grafton Cemetary which is the oldest in AUckland but my mother found out it was at Purewa and Ive confirmed that online with Purewa's online database.- anyway back to my story - Fiona has traced the older Ellen back to Pontefract Yorkshire and found her wedding and even birth adn Christening dates - along withthose of her many siblings - and even the name and birth records of her mother and father and her fathers father - so he John Farrer father of Benjamin Farrer, father of Ellen Farrer Middlebrook, Mother of Samuel Middlebrook who was Father of this lady in the photo Ellen Winifred Middlebrook, who was mother to Trevor Goodwin- in turn father to Diane Pool who was my mother - making John Farrer my Great great great great great grandfather!!- is that not amazing!! Thanks Fiona for finding that information for me Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment