Digital Scrapbook Place Gallery Home Image Map

Friday, October 12, 2007

A moan


share this: facebook
Ok I really dont like to moan but Im going to do a big moan here - and I know this has NOTHING to do with scrapbooking but it surely has to do with my life.
I am SO sick of the way they market Kids tv on Sky TV.
Now if its not bad enough that they repeat the same episodes over and over and over and over - they advertise a new EPISODE - like we should all be so excited that there is ONE new episode of a particular show . Im sorry but I thought it was normal to have one new episode every week - not once in a blue moon and while Im sure we are all terribly grateful for a new episode by the time it arrives I wonder what it is doing for our kids expectations - they dont seem to care or even be concerned that they are being fed the same thing over and over and over.
It creates zombies out of them ( even my older kids will sit zombie like in front of the box )
It lowers their expectations of quality entertainment clearly as they are quite accepting of it.
Im sure this lowering of expectations will have a follow through in other parts of their life too.

Its being banned in my house as of today - from Monday to Friday there will be no TV until 6pm - unless its something I have approved first.
I'm lucky I guess this epiphany has occurred to me at the beginning of summer when the kids are naturally going to be outdoors more anyway !!

No comments:

Post a Comment