Digital Scrapbook Place Gallery Home Image Map

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Feature Friday - Portobello Road


share this: facebook
This weeks feature kit is Portobello Road




This kit has a matching alphabet  called Marketplace



It also has a partner kit called Contentment




Ive created a couple of layouts using this kit




This one uses a more graphic style but the kit itself really lends itself pretty well to a realistc 3d paper style on the whole




This layout uses a variety of kits but includes quite a few pieces from Portobello Road  and Contentment


There are some great layouts using Portobello Road in the gallery


I love this layout by LynnT. She used the Vintage Dreamy effect that I posted in the Tuesday Technique last week on the photo and I think its given such a lovely result

FormbyGirl also used the Vintage Dreamy action on her photo and created this gorgeous layout





HeatherL used a graphic style on her layout and isnt it just gorgeous - who couldnt resist that face but I love the canvas effect she achieved by blending the photo in with the backgrounds.





Sandygb's layouts are always inspiring and she is very good at giving directions on how she achieved her effects .
Like Heather she created a lovely canvas effect for her photo

Here is how she achieved this great graphic look

" I used the grubby corrugated teal paper in the background.

I placed the apricot paisley paper over it, then placed the apricot
teal linen paper over the paisley - used a Luminosity blend mode and
reduced the opacity to 65%.

I used a multiply blend mode on my photo and reduced the opacity to 71%."


Another layout which features a canvas look to the photo by blending it in with a background is this absolutely gorgeous one by Bocca


its simple yet absolutely delicious!!!




This layout below by Luvzkitties is one of my favourite layouts using Portobello Road


I just love the border she created and the wonderful frame and cluster with that pretty kitty poking his face over the foliage

Here are her comments on how she created this layout

"I used the Portobello Road page kit by Lauren Bavin and Edges Pack Freebie by Lauren Bavin
with a couple of minor changes. The ribbon was recolored slightly to
tone it down and give it a more grass-like appearance, and the wire
border was made by layering and then cropping the wire art piece."




I hope these layouts inspire you and give you some ideas on how to use this kit and others!!-
Have fun and if you create a layout inspired by anything here please do let me know!!- I love nothing more than seeing your creations.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:49 pm

    Thank you, Lauren, for featuring my layout this week!

    ReplyDelete