Digital Scrapbook Place Gallery Home Image Map

Friday, September 25, 2009

Pick of the Pack


share this: facebook


Todays Pick of the Pack is this gorgeous layout by Scrapping4him. I just love Mandy's scrapping style - she always seems to have the perfect kit/photo match
and I love how she is so generous in explaining how she created the layout to make it easy for others to achieve the same effects.
This layout is so beautifully put together Im going to have to scraplift it Im sure .

Here are Mandy's notes on this layout

WOW!!! This kit rocks! I love how everything just fell into place as I put this together Thanks Lauren!!!



I have to tell you about this photo. We were making our way through a 4-way stop intersection when Alan gestures wildly to me to pull over because he swears he just saw a hawk sitting in the bushes we just passed. So I grabbed my camera and quietly peeked around the bush and sure enough this hawk was just sitting there at my eye level about 15 feet away. I snapped several shots before I left him to his business. It was a cool moment!!!



LO Notes:

1) I set the oldwallpaper bg paper to a pin light blend mode overtop of the ancientbrowns bg paper for my base paper

2) Applied a bevel to the rotated oldwallpaper bg paper

3) I placed the oldcard paper with its awesome torn edges underneath the blanketstitchborder, which was set to a multiply blend mode

4) I desaturated the acorns by about 25%

5) For the blending of my photo I simply added a layer mask to my photo, then inverted the layer mask, then used a very large soft edge round brush to bring back my photo and have the edges feather out from the twineframe's edge

6) I set both my journaling and my title to a combination of overlay and soft light blend modes to have the text take on the fantastic textures in that oldcard paper

7) The date I set to a screen blend mode and duplicated it a few times

8) I duplicated one of the flower groupings and masked off the pinkish flower, did a light hue adjustment and then rotated it so I could hide the masked off area underneath the other flowers



kit: Fallen from Grace by Lauren Bavin

title font: Beautiful ES

journaling font: CK Olden Days

date font: LD Painters Hand



journaling reads:

We came along this magnificent Red Shouldered Hawk quietly perched in some roadside bushes.