Digital Scrapbook Place Gallery Home Image Map

Monday, August 29, 2011

Pick of the Pack August 29th–Just a few random thoughts by StacieMac


share this: facebook

Art journalling is such a personal way of scrapbooking. I must admit to finding it very difficult to do myself. Im not one to put my heart on my sleeve at the best of times and I find it hard to let go of the normal rules of design that would normally apply. 
Hence I really love this art journalling layout by StacieMac which still conforms to all the normal rules of design ( rule of thirds visual flow etc , yet still contains all the elelments of putting your feelings on a page that are required by art journals.  and showing something of yourself on that page too.

Here are Stacie’s notes on this layout which can be viewed and commented on here

Credits:
Random Thoughts by Lauren Bavin
Just Spring by Lauren Bavin
For the journaling, I let myself freewrite for a minute or two and just recorded the train of thought I was on at the moment.
“It seems there is never enough time to do all that I need to do and all that I want to do. I want to spend the entire day taking pictures of Madeline and Charlotte, but I need to spend it doing a lot of laundry. I should also go through all of the girls’ clothes and take out everything that they have outgrown. It seems like they are getting bigger by the minute. It sometimes makes me so sad when I look at them and wonder where my wee little babies have gone, but then I think of how blessed I am that I have two perfectly healthy, beautiful girls. They are two of many blessings in my life and I know that should spend most of my days on my knees thanking God for all that I have been given.”

No comments:

Post a Comment